Last week, Rossana got in touch with me to talk about Priti NYC's arrival to Australia. Priti is a range of nail polish and nail care products that are completely non toxic and eco-friendly. The brand was launched by Kim D'Amato in 2005 with the aim of providing high performance nail care without compromising the environment or a woman's health. The idea came to Kim during her own pregnancy. Priti is means happiness, affection and attraction in Sanskrit.
Priti is a well recognised brand in the US fashion world. The nails of models in the New York and Miami Fashion Week shows have been Priti-ed since 2005. Priti also collaborates with a number of designers and one of their recent creations was the shade I was given to test, Alister Stella Gray Rose.
Which Miranda Kerr herself wore for the Stella McCartney Show at Paris Fashion Week last year.
I didn't get Miranda's legs after my in home meeting with Alister Stella Gray Rose but I did get a warm, deep pink pedicure that looked great with my white Birkis (as opposed to that all white sheer dress and jacket combo Miranda is sporting.
I'm usually an OPI girl. Compared to OPI, I found that Priti:
- has a less strong odour
- swipes off very easily with standard nail polish remover
- dries just as quickly
- lasts just as long in terms of remaining chip free.
There are some differences though:
- the standard bottle is 12.6ml as opposed to the 15ml OPI
- the Priti brush is a smaller diameter than the OPI, as the photograph above illustrates, this may or may not be an issue for you
- I had to be more careful to apply thin coats with the Priti polish as it can dry unevenly if you're not careful, OPI is more forgiving in my hands.
I didn't get a chance to try the Soy Nail Polish remover but it comes highly recommended and is one of the brand's best sellers!
|Image coutesy of Priti NYC|
Thanks again to Rossana for giving me the chance to try Priti NYC.