In 2017, 'Stop' will allow me to pause and take a step back to:
- think through my potential actions or words from perspectives other than my own
- walk away from the negative
- stand firm on a course of action with calm conviction
- make sure that my words and actions effect positive changes even if they may be difficult changes to make
- take a look at the bigger picture
- avoid getting tangled up in a whirlpool of distractions
- avoid hesitating because when I hover about something, my immediate reaction is often the one I regret
- relax those shoulders and just breathe.
My challenge now is how to put this into effective practice. I'm getting good at seeing that red stop sign in my mind's eye now. The next step is to then put action one of the above alternatives after I 'see' my 'sign'.
Do you have a word or image for 2017? Could 'stop' work for you?