A blur of busyness. That's pretty much how this week has been for me. Thank goodness for camera rolls on iPhones though because the photos I have on mine from this week prove that through all the chaos, I did at least manage to pause and completely be in the moment at least twice this week.
Without further ado, here are the photos and some words to go with.
Denyse's official theme for this week is 'Pets' and I was thinking about this as I sat at my computer earlier this week. We're not a live pet family. Allergies, time constraints, not being raised in a household with pet animals being the main reasons. But I do have this Buddy (from The Secret Life of Pets movie) sitting on my desk right now courtesy of Preschooler SSG.
Buddy came to us via the controversial parenting tool that is the MacDonald's Happy Meal. You know those days on end where all that gets eaten for dinner is air, two bites of watermelon and a handful of (organic) cheese flavoured popcorn? I tend to break the cycle with a Happy Meal of McBites, French fries and an apple juice.
My order for Preschooler SSG from the Book Depository arrived this week. There's something very special about the hard cover versions of children's picture books. Preschooler SSG has been extra careful with these two (picked because he loved the library's copies so much). I've squirreled away the bookmarks with grand plans to colour them in one day...
It was another weekend at work for me. My way of coping? Daily breakfasts of a pastry and coffee at our local cafe before hitting the road for work. It sort of tricks me into believing that I have some of the weekend to myself and the change of environment helps clear my mind as I attempt to decode my notes from the night before to make the round as efficient as possible. In this age of smartphones and e-records of everything, there's still definitely a place for highlighters and different coloured ball points in my life.
I've been road testing this wind up pencil liner from Maybelline this weekend. It's the Lasting Drama Automatic Gel Pencil and retails for $16.95 AUD. But, you know it, Chemist Warehouse had it for $8.95 during a recent 50% off promotion.
- sturdy plastic barrel and lid, no built in sharpener like the Chanel version though
- nice price, especially when half off
- rich black line first go with no skipping, wasn't too stiff or soft which made it easy to contribute my line
- even width of line too
- no smudging and stayed perfect through a day at work and then onto the gym
- rich glossy matte finish
- easily removed with my usual makeup removing oil.
- wish there was a wider range of colours including a black with more shimmer
- would appreciate a built in sharpener at the end of the pen
- might not be for you if you're after a thicker line or that winged effect
- cannot comment on tight lining, usually I do this with regular pencils only for some reason not based on evidence.
Just under $17 isn't that cheap for an eyeliner but these days, everything at the chemist / supermarket make up wise seems to be getting quite expensive. I'm definitely going to repurchase as I find pencils a bit of a nuisance to sharpen with each use. Hopefully there's a brown shade as well!
Here's to this week being less hectic than the last one! I'm already thinking ahead to next weekend and hope it gets here ASAP.